So far this year winter has been pretty mild.... in fact the ski resorts are all worried that there will not be snow this year. We have only had a couple storms come in that have laid few inches of snow on the ground. Danny and I welcome a mild winter with open arms. We both HATE the cold weather and the snow. Well, yesterday just happened to be one of days that we got some snow. Danny had a very unfortunate event happen, he was in a car accident and totaled his car. He hit a patch of ice and did a complete 360 on the freeway from the middle lane and hit the cement barricade. Fortunately he was not injured. It could have been so bad, we feel so blessed that it was not worse and that he was not injured, just a little sore. The insurance adjuster came out today and declared the Accord totaled. We just purchased this car about a year and a half ago, it was used, but it still felt like a new car to us.
Danny and I do not have the best luck when it comes to car accidents. Our first year of marriage in Aug of 2004 I was in an accident with my mom in the car, and the car was totaled (the accident was not my fault) we had just purchased that car from my brother-in-law about a month before the accident. About two weeks after that Danny was in a small fender bender (it was his fault...dang cell phones). Then last summer 2007 i was hit by a semi (again not my fault). In January of 2008 we were at a wedding reception and we noticed that someone had hit Danny's car, of course they did not leave a note so that came out of our pocket. I know it is hard to believe but there is one more.... 1 month ago Danny was sideswiped by another car( this was not his fault) we just got his car back about 2 weeks ago.
We feel very blessed that through all those accidents we have never been hurt. After I had gone to pick Danny up yesterday he told me "I am going to spend all day looking for a job somewhere warm." I am so grateful that Danny is okay and still with me today. It is incidents like this that make you realize how truly blessed you are.
This weekend we are going on a cruise with Danny's family we look forward to getting away and hopefully relaxing and not worrying about what kind of car we want to get, how much we want to spend, and when we want to make the purchase.. I am so bummed to I was supposed to be the one to get the new car next!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Darc, I'm so glad Danny wasn't hurt. You guys take care and have fun on the cruise. Love you!
I am sorry....but I am glad he is ok! Have a blast on your trip.....at least it will be warm there!
Wow - scary! And, yeah, sorry about your bad luck with accidents. That's never fun, but glad you both are OK!
And, hey, I thought you wanted to live in Park City for the rest of your lives!
I hear ya though - why can't we all have 2 homes? A home in PC for the summer and a tropical get-away in the winter. Sigh... if only :)
Have fun on your cruise! I'm jealous!
IM so sorry to hear about ALL of your accidents! Remind me to not drive in a car with you ;). I'm so happy to hear that everything is alright and your hubby is healthy.
Oh I am glad Danny has not hurt, I really think maybe you guys need a HUMMER! wow you guys have alittle bad luck with cars! Have fun on your cruise I bet it will be a blast! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks @ work!
sorry to hear danny got in an accident! glad he's ok! you guys really don't have the best of luck when it comes to cars!! see you soon! love ya!
AHHHH! are you serious?? What is it with you and cars? I am so so glad that danny was ok! Have fun on your cruise and hopefully we can all get to gether when you get back, we can take lunch or dinner to Melissa!
We were glad to hear that Danny is ok and we couldn't believe how often this happens to you too!! have you thought about riding the bus??
p.s. can't wait for the cruise!!!!
I am so glad he is OK. And now you are somewhere basking the warmth of something - cruise to where? Hope you are doing well. I am really glad Danny wasn't hurt. Love you guys!
One more reason I don't like to drive in Utah. :) Sorry...not really funny. I'm glad you're both ok, but sorry about the accident. So scary. I hope your vacation goes well. :)
Man...I hope the boat doesn't crash! (knock on wood). I'm glad you are both safe and sound.
I'm sorry about your car and I'm so glad Dan is okay! You guys do have touch luck with cars! Hopefully the bad luck streak is over. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. Have a great holiday, let's hook up after the first of the year.
Hey! I am glad we found each other, thanks for the comment! I had just found your blog right before that, I think through Lani, and have been meaning to comment on your blog. I am so glad you guys are doing well, and no more car accidents! It will be great to keep in touch more, life gets crazy! I just moved our blog to a private one so send me your email so I can add you too the list!
Post a Comment