Sunday, January 3, 2010

Long Time Coming

I know that these pictures have been a long time coming. We are in our new home! We closed on November 19th, which also happened to be our 5 year anniversary. I will apologize now for the long post. Hope you enjoy the pictures!



Here is the outside of the house. We did have a few set backs along the way, they completely messed up on the exterior of the house. They did the wrong stucco and stone. Unfortunately they were unable to change it in order for us to be able to close by the estimated date, so they ended up compensating us in other ways to make up for it. Luckily the color is not bad, it could have been a lot worse.




Dinning room


Kitchen. I must say this is my favorite room in the house.



Here is the living room.




Master bedroom.












Main Bath



Danny's Office (still a work in progress)

We are so happy to be in the house. It has been so much fun. It is so nice to have all the space! We love the way everything turned out. We still have a lot of work to do but bit by bit it is coming together.

Now for an update on everything else! As I mentioned above we had our 5th year anniversary. It is so hard for me to believe that it has been 5 years. Some days it seems like it has been longer than that and other days it seems like just yesterday that we got married. I am so grateful for Danny and the rock that he is in my life. He is so good for me. Those of you who know him know that it is very rare for him not to have a smile on his face. He has the best outlook on life and such a good attitude for life and the trials that come with it. In December he had a 2 week training in Tennessee, lets just say it was the longest 2 weeks of my life. It made me realize just how lucky I am to have him in my life. I cannot imagine life without him. He bring so much joy and happiness to me.

We spent Thanksgiving with Danny's family here in Utah. Then for Christmas we went up to Idaho to spend time with my family. It it is always so nice to be able to spend time with friends and loved ones over the holidays.

This week we were able to get together with Danny's friends from high school (Fab-8). It was so fun to see everyone, and are grateful that we have all been able to stay in touch.

Reflecting on 2009, we feel like we have been so blessed. We have had our trials, but are so grateful for the blessings that have come into our lives this year. We are grateful for friends and loved ones for their love, support, prayers, and fasting on our behalf.

We hope that 2010 (so crazy to write that) brings you much happiness.




18 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Your home looks beautiful! I am still planning on coming down and seeing Avery and your new house. It is so exciting to move into a new home and start making memories there. Hope to see you soon.

Taunya Spaulding said...

darc-gorgeous home!! i love it! :) i'm so happy for you guys! I'm glad you guys had a fun holiday season. too bad we couldn't get together while you were here in idaho! :) hope all is well! love ya

Ashley said...

Beautiful home Darc! I am so so so jealous. I wish we had more space for all the junk we have :) Miss you!

Tonya said...

Yay darc! I LOVE the house! I'm so jealous, I would love to build and get to pick everything out. And I think the exterior looks fine! Have fun!! and good luck with the new year!

Cecily said...

What a beautiful home!!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Your house is beautiful! I can't wait until one day when we can have a home of our own. Sure miss you and hope I can see you soon! Love you guys

Melissa said...

We love your cozy home and love that you guys are so close now!!! We are so grateful for your friendship and hope 2010 is good to all of us:)

leslie said...

gorgeous! i LOVE that kitchen! it was fun to see you last month. we need to do more of that. love you!

Heidi Hamilton said...

congrats guys! It's beautiful! So - when's the party??

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your house is beautiful! We need to have a party at your place! I am so excited for you guys.

Emily Empey said...

BEAUTIFUL HOME!!!!! Happy New year!

the Eggett's said...

Congratulations Danny and Darcie! Your home is beautiful and you two definitely deserve a wonderful place to live. . . . in fact, when we come out to Utah next, I think you guys should host a get together so we can drool over it in person :)

hope all is well!
Amber and Jake

Bec and Ryan said...

It looks so beautiful! I'm sad that we couldn't see you guys last night...Molly said that it was a blast. Can you come and decorate our house when we buy one (it may not be for a while though). Seriously--you have a talent! Be safe on all of your driving and we really do need to do a girls night out sometime!

Red & Lyss said...

Beautiful house Darc, I am jealous!

Burton Fam said...

darc! I love your home! It is so gorgeous! I am so excited for you guys! I miss ya! hope all is going well! :)

Bert & Hailey said...

Hi Darci, thank you for your comment. I love your kitchen, it is very beautiful, my Dad said he met your husband at his work and said he was a very nice guy. I'm so glad you are in your new home and able to enjoy it. How Fun!

Lacey said...

Darc...Congratulations!!! What a beautiful home!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

Katie Evans said...

Such a beautiful house! When we livind in Vegas we bought a condo that was brand new...I loved the smell of a new home. Oh how I wish I could smell that now! :) Take a couple big sniffs for me!