Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, after what feels like an eternity of searching for our first home we finally found one! When we placed an offer on the home it had been framed and plumbed but that was it. We had seen a home that was the exact same floor plan that was finished that we really liked.

We heard back from them that our offer had got accepted. We were so excited. The house is in West Kaysville, which is always where we wanted to be, but figured we would never end up if we wanted a newer home in our price range. We had settled on Syracuse or Layton. So when we found this we were really excited.

The house should be finished hopefully by the end of October. We are hoping to be in by the latest the middle of November.

I had the opportunity last week to go and pick everything out for the interior. It was so much fun! Danny wasn't able to go with me because he had a work obligation that he could not get out of, so I am excited to see what he thinks of all the decisions I made! Hopefully he likes what I choose!

Here are some pictures.... we will keep you updated on the progress!
This is what the house looked like when we placed the offer on Sept. 5th
This is what it looks like now!
Looking into the living room.
Looking into the kitchen from the living room.
Looking into the master bedroom.
We are so excited for this time in our lives. We look forward to being closer to our friends and family in that area. It is kind of bitter sweet for us. We are truly going to miss Park City and the people up here and the beautiful scenery, definitely not the snow. But we hope that we can come up often to visit.
We are so grateful for a wonderful agent Jeremy Leger and for his help in this process.

16 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Very cute! That is so exciting, I am so happy for you guys. We can't wait to come and see it when it is done. It was fun to see you the other day. We need to plan that Halloween party!

Britany said...

It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics along the way!

Heidi Hamilton said...

That's great!! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful home. Based on how cute your current place is, I'm sure everything you picked out for this house will be perfect.
I'm so excited for you guys! You will love that pop-out in the kitchen - that's one thing I wished we did in our Park City home.
You'll have to have an open house when its done. We'd love to come see it & you guys!

Caroline Craven said...

That's great news - you're closer! Let me know when you are moved in, we'd love to come and see it.

Taunya Spaulding said...

wow darc-that looks huge!! i'm sure danny will love your decorating ideas! :) congrats on the new house-john and i just bought one too! we'll be in it the middle of October, hopefully! hope all is going well. love ya!

Matt and Kirsten said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys! seriously I can't wait to see it. My only regret is that you don't get to enjoy the wonders of a 60 year old home its always an adventure - maybe someday J/K! So wonderful!!!
I love it when you update your blog

Ashley said...

That is so awesome for you guys and the house looks beautiful! I'm sure Danny will love whatever you picked out. I can't wait to see it for myself! Congrats!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Looks great Darc. Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep the pics coming. Love ya!

Michelle said...

We'll have to get together sometime when you move since we'll be so close! We just in Layton :). Good luck with the rest of the buidling process and picking everything out. Your house looks way nice and I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Oh Darc, I am so excited for you guys! It is already gorgeous and I wish I could have been there the other night to go through it with you guys and hang out. This will be a nice 5 year anniversary gift!!!

Emily Empey said...

Thats awesome Darc!!! It looks like a HUGE beautiful home!!!! I am jealous ;)

Bec and Ryan said...

your home looks beautiful and to be able to pick the interior...that is the way to do it :) I am so happy for you guys!

Williams Whoop-la said...

I am sooooo happy for you! Your house looks so nice! I look forward to more pics. What a great first home to be able to pick everything out! If you need some nice finished concrete I'm putting in a plug for Jed. He would do a nice job! So are you going to drive to Park city to continue to work?

Jordyn Parry said...

Congrats Darce! It looks beautiful already! I can't wait to see how you're going to decorate it :)

Brittney said...

How fun to get a new house! Beware though! It looks absolutely beautiful!! I wish we could be there to help you get settled. I'll never forget two weeks before christmas some of the fab 8 (Danny, Jeff and Chit) moving us into our Bnfl house and helping Nick put up christmas lights till 11 at night! Such good friends!!! Hope everything goes smoothly!!!

val said...

how exciting for your guys. how fun to pick all the colors and everything. we'll be closer now with you guys in kaysville and us in wj. so let's get together in a bit.
ps funny that you know heidi hamilton. we grew up in the same ward.