Friday, December 10, 2010

Kauai Trip

I had some time off the beginning of November so we thought that we had better take advantage of it. And what better way to do it than a trip to Kauai. We went back and forth trying to decide if we should go or not, but decided that this will be our last hurrah before these babies come.

In Kauai the west side you can only access by boat. We were able to take a boat tour to see the Napali Coast. It was so beautiful. The views were breathtaking.
We came across a pod of like 20 dolphins. They put on quite the show for us!

One of the other days there we did a doors off helicopter tour. Kind of scary but again we were able to see some amazing views of the island. I got off the helicopter and my legs were so sore from trying to keep from moving for fear that I was going to fall out of the chopper.






Being the nice wife that I am , we went golfing a couple of times (actually Danny did, I drove the first day, then the next day he went, I decided to go explore the island a little more)

Good form babe!


Danny had lots of fun snorkeling! I am a little bit of a whimp when it come to the ocean so I spent most of my time just sunbathing! He would have spent the whole trip snorkeling if it was up to him! We saw so many pretty fish, he was able to swim right along side a sea turtle, and he even saw an octopus which changed colors a few times while he was watching him.
This was the view from our condo, it was such a nice place to stay, made it very hard to come home!

The island was full of waterfalls. This was one of the few that you can actually drive to. Such beautiful scenery. We had so much fun and were not ready to come back home to snow!

11 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

So jealous... we did this trip back in 2006 and it was breathtaking... makes me want to move to Hawaii!

Taunya Spaulding said...

i'm so jealous!! I think i've finally realized that John and I will NEVER be able to go to these fun vacations! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :)

Heidi Hamilton said...

Oh LOVE IT! We were there in 2008 & it was so wonderful Kauai is just so gorgeous. Coming back makes you realize that we really DO live in a desert!
We didn't see dolphins, though - SO beautiful!

Suzette Baird said...

How amazing! That looks so fun!!! and I just LOVE seeing you pregnant! I can't think of any other two people that deserve it more than you two. I love you so much! You look so beautiful pregnant ( you barley even look pregnant!)
xoxo!

Nicki Dunn said...

Glad you decided to go! How nice to lounge in the sun. Makes it hard to go home to winter, yuck. You look fab Darc, hope the rest of the pregnancy (& delivery) is a breeze. XO love you!

Ashley said...

I'm glad you were able to sneak in a little getaway before the babies come. I don't think I would be able to snorkel, I'm a wimp too :) It would be awesome to see an octopus though. The pictures are beautiful. I AM going someday!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

I've been waiting for you to post pics. I never did get the chance to see them during Thanksgiving. I don't think you can go to Hawaii and not have a good time. Hope we get to see you guys again soon. Love ya!

leslie said...

what a fabulous trip darc! we went to oahu in august and it was the best vacation ever. i love hawaii. glad you finally posted. you know you're going to have to be a better blogger when these babies come:)

Caroline Craven said...

You made the right decision because once those babies are here, you won't have time to vaca, and even if you do, you won't have the energy. Just somethin' to look forward too!!! I'm ready for a trip back to the islands. It looks so beautiful.

Oh My Lou said...

Hey! Its Lacie Backman, I saw you had a blog so I added you to my list! I am sooo jelous of your trip! And I am SO SO excited for you!! TWO babies will be SO great!!!

Skill-Pickler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.