This past summer Danny and I had a wonderful opportunity to go visit the Philippines. We started our trek on a 23 hour flight. That was the longest day of my life. After we arrived in Manila, we had to drive another 9 hours in a hot stinky van. The traffic there was unbelievable (and I thought Utah drivers were bad) Luckily we hired a driver, a member up in Danny's mission are.
We are able to spend a few days in the area where Danny served. It was so fun to be able to visit, well..... listen to Danny visit with people he taught. We felt like celebrities walking around the streets there. We would walk into a store and people would gawk at us, me with my blond hair and Danny who is 2 feet taller than everyone, needless to say we definitely stood out in the crowd. Unfortunately the Sunday that we were there Danny got food poisoning, so we were not able to go visit a lot of the members. This was definitely an eye opening experience for me. These people don't have much at all be yet they are the happiest people.
Our journey continued to Borakay Island. We spent 4 days there, it was paradise. We stayed in a hotel right on the beach. Luckily things are really cheep there so we able to stay in a really nice five star hotel. We were able to go scuba diving, sailing, and we also rented scooters and rode around the island.
The last couple days of our escapade few flew back to Manila. The hotel that we stayed at in Manila was connected to a mall. After we arrived there we thought we would do a little shopping. Once we got into the mall we noticed that there was a Pizza Hut, we were so excited to have some American food. While in Manila we were able to visit the 7th biggest mall in the world, the American Cemetery, and the temple.
We had so much fun, and hope to go back to soon. But it is always nice to come home, especially after being in a foreign country.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Can we go with you next time? You might have to give us a couple years notice though!
Grabe! Ang swerteng swerte ninyo! Sana sumama ako. Sa susunod na lang. Ingat kayo. Mahal namin kayo.
Look who I found! Don't even ask me how...blog stalking. I love you guys! Now we can keep in touch via blog! xoxo
Jana Russell (Edgar)
Darcie! Hey, I am so glad that I found your blog! What a fun thing to do going back to your hisband's mission. Joe and I have wanted to go to his but having kids has slowed that adventure down some and we would only have to go to Oakland! :) check us out by clicking on my name in blue!
darcie-
So I found your blog and just wanted to say Hi. It sounds like everything is great. And your trip looks like it was a lot of fun.
Nat.
Darcie, Your blog is so cute! I added it to mine, I hope you don't mind :) I love the pics from your exotic getaway. You guys are a good lookin couple. Let's get together soon!
-Amber
I can't believe I found you blog! I'm so excited to get to check up on you. I think it's so cool that you have gotten to do some traveling. I want Josh and I to start seeing the world a little bit more one day when we get the chance. Hopefully we'll have a chance to study abroad or something like that. Keep up the blogging!
Hey girl. :) Micaela told me about this blogging stuff, so I'll have to see if I can keep up with everyone. How is everything?
You guys really did it! I remember when we were at dinner a few years back(I think we were at Wingers) and you guys were talking about taking a trip to the Philippines...how cool that you really made it happen! I've decided I want to go now. I've always been too scared of the bugs and such but if Darcie can handle it, I can too-right? Loved seeing your photos.
Post a Comment