Saturday, February 23, 2008

Not our kind of "winter wonderland"

OK, so these pictures are a couple weeks old now, they were taken when we were just getting SLAMED with snow. Danny and I are not your typical Park City people. We don't snowboard, ski, or do anything outside in the winter for that mater. We usually go into hibernation during this season (which means we sit at home on our butts and watch TV and gain our winter weight) Every winter we tell ourselves that this will be our last winter here, and yet again we battle this depressing weather. This has been the worst winter up here for us. In fact it has been record breaking snowfall. I guess it is an OK trade off though, we love the summers and fall. As beautiful as it is, we are very anxious for spring. We are very grateful though because it came at a time when it was needed most.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Love your new back ground! That is some crazy snow! We need to come and see it for ourselves one of these days:)

britt said...

that is why you all need to move to Las VEgas!!! We have had beautiful weather all winter, and today our little pink flowers on a tree by our house started to come out!! I love the snow, but I love the weather hear more. (just wait for summer and you'll hear me singing a different tune!)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Darc and Danny, I have been waiting so long to find you in the blogosphere...and finally I did. Hope you don't mind that I add you to my friends and family list. Sure miss you guys, and love you too.

Meliss

the Eggett's said...

hi darc! man, you really did get slammed with the snow. you need to move closer to us. that's the only real solution i see!
-Amber

Dani said...

Hey Darcie, this is Danielle. I was so excited to see your blog. It's so fun to see what everyone is up too these days! Looks like you guys are doing well. Did you go to hygiene school? I was going to go into that until I had a baby!

The Manwaring Family said...

Well Hello Darcie!!! Thanks for not letting me know you had a blog! I'm glad I found your link on Natalie's blog! :) You look so happy in all your pictures! The snow this year is amazing. It looks a lot like Island Park this year. Hope all is going well! Love Ya, K

Challis said...

Josh and I literally do nothing on the weekends except watch all of our T.V shows on DVD. I gain an average of like, 10 pounds a winter, and usually only get up to go to the fridge...good to know we aren't alone.

Jenna said...

WOW! We've only had 1 snow storm this year so far and it was like an inch. They shut everything down! I can't believe all that you've been getting in utah. What a pain to drive in!!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

We probably didn't get as much snow as you, but we have had a pretty good winter here in IF as well. :)

Red & Lyss said...

That is a lot of snow! I am really glad that you found our blog, and now we can be better about keeping in touch! To answer your question, our baby girl should be here around Aug. 5th!