Sunday, March 2, 2008

We tip our hats to ALL parents

So Danny and I have the privilege these last couple of weekends to BABYSIT. Last weekend we tended my adorable niece and nephews, then this weekend we watched my bosses kids. We were with my niece and nephews on Friday and Saturday, and then we were with the other kids this week from Thursday night till Sunday!
There are some perks about babysitting. First of all we love to be with our niece and nephews, second my bosses house was beautiful and very nice, third the money, and fourth it makes us so grateful for our alone time together. One thing that opened my eyes to the future is I am going to have to be the disciplinary while Danny get to have fun with the kids!
Now to touch on that fourth one, as you all may know having children has not been the easiest for Danny and I. Although it is our deepest desire right now, this was just the thing we needed to help us (me) be a little bit more patient. As all you parents I am sure know, there is NO downtime with kids, and when there is after bed, you have other things to do like make lunches for the next day, do dishes, laundry, clean, and the list goes on. So the only time you get to spend together is the last few minutes before your head hits the pillow.
I just wanted to take the time to thank all you parents, thank you for doing all that you do for your children. Mostly I want to thank my parent and Danny's parents. Thank you for always putting your children's needs first, for raising us in the gospel and for supporting us no matter what.
We cannot wait to have the opportunity of parenthood, but I am so thankful for the time that Danny and I get to spend together. I am so grateful for him and his positive attitude and patience.

13 comments:

Hale yeah! said...

Hey Darcie, I found your blog through Melissa's. I can now see what is going on with you! It sounds like you like your new job so I am so happy for you. I was actually in PC the other day and I can't believe how much snow you guys have. It's crazy!
Jalene

Anonymous said...

Hey Darce! How are you? This sounds really lame posted like an hour after your other comment but I found your blog from Charish's! haha it'll be great to catch up! Chris and I just bought a house in Fort Collins Colorado and are loving it! What's new with you?

the Eggett's said...

Hey! You two are going to be awesome parents. Yes, I understand though, taking care of little ones can definitely be crazy. Maybe now you will excuse me for always being loopy and exhausted :)
let's hang out!

Melissa said...

So true darc!!! I often think that kids will be wonderful but I am also grateful for some free time right now (we will never have it again)!

Jana said...

I honestly can't think of anyone who would make better parents than you two. But while we're all waiting for kids to enter our loves we need to play!

val said...

Whoa why didn't I know you guys had a blog!? I've been thinking about you guys. I'm so glad you found us in blog land. Let's get together! We are back in SL. We would LOVE to see you guys.

Micaela said...

I needed to hear another's perspective today on how it actually is hard. It is easy for me to think that raising kids should always be so easy and that when it's not I am failing, but it was good to hear someone say that it does take a lot of energy to keep up. I know that this post wasn't about me, but it was good for me! :)

Britany said...

I am so glad you have a blog!

Maya said, "She forgot her mittens" when she saw your picture in the snow :).

You guys are going to be the best parents!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Hi Darcie!! It's Shannan Hoffman. I didn't know you were a blogger!! I want to add you to my lost of blogging buddies, is that okay? I found your name on the Galovich's blog!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. I love it that even though we live two seconds from each other, I will probably learn more about what is going on in your lives through your blog. We just got back from L.A. yesterday (We're WIPED). Let's get together soon. (We'll invite ourselves over to the Hoffmans...eh?)

Since you're such good babysitters, (but in high demand) we need to get you over here with Lucy!

JCLS said...

Miss Darcie McAffee-
It's Courtney Ritchie-well Schreck now. How are you???? I am so excited I found your blog....I can't remember how I did but I did. Anyway, I have a blog too! It is jcschreck.blogspot.com. I hope all things are going great!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Darc, I am loving the new page! Hope you are doing good, I sure miss you!

Ashley said...

Thanks a lot for making me CRY! Love ya!