Danny and I had an appointment with the infertility specialists down at the U on August 29th. He sent us on our way with some persriptions for me, (as if I don't have enough hormones running through me as it is ). I think we are in for a long haul, it has only been two weeks, and I already feel like I am going through early menopause. I wake up at 4:22 a.m. every morning burning up, and I have had a migraine every night for the last week. I just have to keep the end result in sight, it will all be worth it.
We went back for a follow up visit on the 17th. We found out that I have a cyst on my left ovary measuring 5cm, and I also have a polyp the size of an olive in my uterus. No wonder why we can't get pregnant! I have to go in for surgery to get them removed. It is an outpatient surgery, with a 2 day recovery. Despite the fact that surgery is involved, we feel grateful to FINALLY have some answers. I apologize if I have shared too much information.
We are so blessed to have a great support group. Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers in our behalf. We feel very hopeful with the prognosis so far, and look forward to the upcoming months.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
Darc! I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time. I hope this new discovery turns out to be helpful and that your surgery goes smoothly. Good luck! Keep us posted!
Darc...I missed you this last weekend in Idaho. I hope maybe I can see you sometime in November since I will be up there for the full month. I sure miss you, and glad you gave this update. I have been thinking about you...please keep me updated on how things go and you will be in my prayers. Email me! melissa.stockhoff@gmail.com
Love you
What great news that you have answers, but no fun to have surgery! Please keep us updated and we will keep you in our prayers!
XOXO
Darc, yay for some answers finally but sorry to hear you have to have surgery. When is surgery? Keep me posted and good luck! Love ya!
Good luck with the surgery Darc, hope all goes well and glad you guys finally have some answers. If you guys need anything let me know and if you guys need help in the office I can come down and help out too.
Linds
Our thoughts are with you. That is really hard. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Yay Darc! I'm SO glad that you're getting some answers! You guys have really been waiting for a long time! Now that we have been too I understand even more how hard it is. I really really hope everything goes alright--and keep me posted! Love, Ton
Hi Darc. I'm glad they wer eable to come up with an explanation for the problems. I hope everything goes well with the surgery and that you guys have good news shortly! ;)
darc! that is such good news! i've have been prayin' for you and i hope everything starts lookin' up. we love you guys! (maybe now we'll get a wedding too... hopefully...)
Darcie, your family is most definitely in my prayers! Im sorry you have to have surgery, good luck with recovery! at least it sounds like your hubby will take good care of you. keep us updated!
I can't even tell you how many times I have heard stories about fertility problems where finally there are answers and then WHAM! they get pregnant. I just know your time is coming, and I'm definitely hoping you'll keep us posted.
Darc- I am glad they gave you some answers! it is so hard and the feeling is helpless. I am praying fo ryou and the sweet bundle of joy will come bless you an dan in no time! and its SO worth it!! You will be a great mother! Love ya Darc! ~Em
We are so happy for the two of you! We hope that everything continues to progress, we will definitely keep you in our prayers!
It's not too much information when you have people that love you and think of you and want to help in any way possible. You are definitely in so many prayers and I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you recover fast. You are awesome girl.
Darc! Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery! when? keep us posted! It's good news that things are finally starting to work out for the two of you! love you!
darci, I'm glad that you've found some answeres, I hope it all goes good and you recover without any complications. we miss you guys and wish we could see ya! keep us posted!
Darc- Good luck sweetheart! That must be very hard! You will make a wonderful mom someday! You are a wonderful wonderful person! I will keep you in my prayers!
YOU HAVE A BLOG! Good heavens...I have been absolutely dying to have answers...I am so glad you have some direction with all that stuff. Good luck with your surgery - bring on the little ones - and oh the things we do to get them here. Let us know how it goes. We love you guys thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisss much!
I am so sorry Darc- well atleast you know what is happening and you can move forward. I have had 2 surgeries on my ovaries and it is a fast recovery. Good Luck with everything
Darcie,
I am so glad that you have been following through with all of this. I haven't read through your entire blog yet to see if you are seeing Dr. Gibson or someone else, but I am just so glad for you! I, too, had polycystic Ovarian disease, which is one of the reasons I couldn't get pregnant, but as you know, Weston got here sooner or later. I am looking forward to following your posts and sharing your story! Love, Lana
Darcie, I am glad too that you have an explanation. Good luck with the surgery and let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Hey how did everything go?.....ya know that thing? ha ha I am so curious! well we need to all hang out, it's been forever!
Love ya!
This is probably a little late, I don't know when your surgery is but I hope it went/goes well. It's good to have answers and to know what is going on. Keep us updated.
Darc, just wanted to know how things are going? and um, tag! You're it! Check out my blog to see what i mean
Post a Comment