Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are still alive

Hello everyone! I know it has been like 6 months since I lasted posted. I always hate to write just to write, but I finally have things to blog about so here it goes.


Back in April we had the chance to spend some time with my family. My little bro Tanner left on his mission. So we had his farewell up in Idaho. Then my family came down here to take him to the MTC (I hate that place). He is doing so good. We are all so proud of him. I had the chance earlier this week to talk to him while he was waiting for his flight to Mexico. It was so good to hear his voice. I don't know how these young missionaries do it, I think it would be so hard. We are anxiously waiting for his first letter since he has been in Mexico.

In May, my brother Levi and sister-in-law Kara had their baby. Marley Shay was born on May 1st. She is so adorable! Levi was actually able to deliever the baby with the Dr. along his side of course.
This month has been pretty busy so far. Last week Danny's little brother Dave got married. It was a beautiful day and wonderful reception. We are so happy that they finally decided to tie the note after dating for almost 2 years! Congrats Dave and Linds! Right after the reception on Saturday night we headed up to Idaho because Levi and Kara were blessing their baby.
Now for the real exciting stuff..... (drum roll please) Danny will start a new job on June 29th! He was referred to this job by one of his dads friends. After a couple of interviews here in Utah, they flew him out to St. Louis, and then last week they flew him out to Knoxville. After about a month of these interviews, we finally got the good news! I am so proud of Danny for all the hard work that was put into this interview process. I know that he will be successful in whatever he does, and I know he will always be able to provide for our little family. Having this job means that we will be able to move forward with our infertility issues. We feel so blessed and appreciate everyone who helped us along in this process. Thank you for all your prayers on our behalf. We look forward to what the future hold for us!

12 comments:

Micaela said...

SO does this mean you are moving to my part of the country? Knoxville? St. Louis?? That would be so fun!

Great news on the job!

the Eggett's said...

So glad that you "are still alive"! It's good to hear an update. Congrats to Danny! Hope you guys are doing well! :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

I was wondering when you were going to update! And...Hello! you forgot to blog about our girl weekend! That was really fun! I'm glad danny got that job! Hope things are going well and it was so good to see everyone last weekend!! Love ya!

Tonya said...

Yay! That is great news. And we think of you guys often and hope that everything will be working out soon!! Love Tonya

Heidi Hamilton said...

Thanks for the updates! You HAVE been busy (see I knew you had stuff to blog about :)
Yeah, so you'll have to give more details on this new job - what it is, where you'll be living, etc. Good luck with everything!!

Sister said...

Are you guys going to be moving? I hope not because I would miss you so much. :( But I'm so glad that it will give you the means to work on the baby stuff. I watch you with Jack and my girls and just think you will be the best mom ever. Honestly, and Dan will be the perfect dad. Hope to see you again soon.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That last comment was from me. I was logged into our Ward Relief Society blog before I checked yours, and it labled me as "sister". Oops!

Kara & Levi said...

So happy for you guys with the job. What an answer to a lot of prayers! Will it move you guys to the midwest ever? :( I'm so happy we got to see you guys so much this spring, it's been really good! Speaking of girly weekends, we should do another girl's weekend like we did that one weekend at your apartment in Park City with your mom and Shyla. That was fun! For sure in the fall, Levi and your dad are going to try to go to another Monday Night game.

val said...

fun to get an update on you guys. we were just talking about you two. we would love to see you guys. let's go out to dinner.
so will you guys be moving? new jobs are exciting. way to go dan! keep in touch.

leslie said...

finally... i was waiting to hear from you. i know everyone has asked you, but are you moving? call me when you have a min. love you!

Tess said...

Yea! an update! Are you moving? It would be so fun to see you sometime- are you coming this way to see your aunt Shellie anytime soon???!

Cecily said...

That's awesome that your husband got a new job! I am so excited that it to means you get move forward with the infertility things. Good luck Darcie!